Thursday 3 December 2015

The most powerful prayer



When these believers in the Bible prayed, God's power showed up.  I have discovered this powerful prayer that works like a miracle. I am sharing this prayer so that you and I can pray these prayers for ourselves everyday. There is absolutely nothing more powerful than praying Scripture back to the Father!
1.       “My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden; for behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For He that is mighty has done to me great things; holy is His name." – (Luke 1:46 – 49)

2.       Glorious Father, I ask that you give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know you better.  I pray that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which you have called me, that I may know the riches of your glorious inheritance in the saints, and that I may know your incomparably great power for me who believes. (Eph 1:17-19)

3.       Dear Lord, I continually ask you to fill me with the knowledge of your will through all the wisdom and understanding that your Spirit gives, so that I may live a life worthy of you and please you in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of you, being strengthened with all power according to your glorious might so that I may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to you, who has qualified me to share in the inheritance of your holy people in the kingdom of light.  Thank you for rescuing me from the dominion of darkness and bringing me into the kingdom of your Son. (Col 1:9-13)

4.       "The kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power", says Saint Paul (1 Cor 4:20). The reason this prayer is so powerful is that the name of Jesus is not just a set of letters or sounds. It is not a passive word but a creative word, like the word by which God created the universe. (He is the Word by which God created the universe!) Every time we receive Christ in the Eucharist, we are instructed by the liturgy to pray, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed." All our energy and effort is not strong enough to heal our own souls, but God's word of power is. That word is so powerful that by it God made the universe out of nothing, and by it he is doing the even greater deed of making saints out of sinners. That word is Jesus Christ.

5.       Holy Spirit, keep me abiding in Jesus. Also, make God’s Word to live and abide in Me. Then you promise that I shall ask what I desire, and it shall be done for me. I want all my prayers to be answered. (John 15.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment