Thursday 3 December 2015

Prayer when we lost someone we love



God of all consolation,
in your unending love and mercy for us,
you turn the darkness of death into the dawn of new life.
Show compassion to your people in sorrow.
Be our refuge and our 
strength to lift us
from the darkness of this grief
to peace and joy in your presence.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Lord, at the moment nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel.
My heart is broken and my spirit mourns.
All I know is that your grace is sufficient.
This day, this hour
Moment by moment
I choose to lean on you,
For when I am at my weakest your strength is strongest.
I pour out my grief to you
And praise you that on one glorious day
When all suffering is extinguished and love has conquered
We shall walk together again. Amen.
 Lord, thank you for being my rock and my strength. I don't know why this happened. I know you have a plan for each of us. But right now I'm hurting, and that hurt runs deep. Lord, I know that you are a comfort for me, and I pray that you continue to be by my side through this time. It feels right now like this hurt will never go away. It feels right now like I'll never come out of this pain. Everyone keeps saying that time will ease what I'm going through. I feel angry. I feel hurt. I feel alone. I don't know if time will help me, but I know you will. I cannot imagine going through this without you holding me up. Sometimes, Lord, it's just hard to look at tomorrow, and I just don't know how I will get through the day without my loved one in my life. Lord, I just ask for you to be here for me. I pray for you to give me strength to take another step. I need you to help me cope with the loneliness and to move forward in my life. Please, Lord, help make each day a little easier. Continue to provide me with hope for tomorrow. I know I will never stop missing my loved one, but I hope that you are holding them closely. Thank you, Lord for always being here for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment